21 January 2007

Competition sucks the life outta you

Final week before competition truly sucks the life out of you. You live, eat, sleep, breath whatever you are doing for the competition.

Since Tuesday:
Tuesday, 12-5, really not long or anything. Class was 12-3, considered working on competition, but then heard that the weather was going to drop to below freezing and it was raining, so I thought it best to get home.

Wednesday, get up at 4am. The temps are hovering at freezing, it is raining, I really need to head out before everyone else begins to hit the road. I'm on the road by 5am. Traffic is very light, so I actually arrive by 5:30. It takes my friend an hour to get there from her house. We have class at 8:30. She calls me at 5:20, I'm just leaving my house. Great, I get to sit hear for about an hour by myself. At 5:50, some woman pulls up, informs me that morning classes are cancelled, come back at 11. I call my friend, hoping she hasn't made it very far so she can at least turn around. Nope, she's gone 30 of her 60, she ain't turning around now. So, we meet at Whataburger for breakfast and try to decide what the hell we are going to do until 12 when Spanish class starts. Get back to the school, we con our way in. Even though classes were cancelled, they didn't get ahold of some of the instructors in time, and they aren't turning back and going home any more than either of us are. I help prep in the restaurant kitchen, she does homework. Go to class from 12-4, then work on competition stuff from 4:15 until 10.

Thursday, no classes for me, but I need to work on competition stuff, so off I go. Work from about 10-10, go out to relax with my hunkaburninglove, get home around 1am.

Friday, again, no classes, get there around 10, work till 10.

Saturday and Sunday, all the homework I can possibly get done because:

Monday, class is from 6-9pm, but guess where I will be starting about 9am, you guessed it, working on competition. Hopefully hunkaburninglove will not be exhausted his damnself and we can go out.

Tuesday, class is 12-3, I'll be there by 9am, work till about 11:50, go to class, start back working about 3:30, go right up till most likely 10, then

Be back at around 5:30am Wed. so we can load up and head to the competition which is only an hour away. Set up from 7-9. Judging begins around 11am.

Then we start all over again, preparing for the next competition. US Pastry Chef of the Year in March, in NYC. WOOphukinHOO. I love that city and cannot wait to get back

No comments: