13 January 2007

Trip to Vegas

I've been feeling like crap since Monday night, allergies kicked into high gear. Haven't had that happen in over 2 years. Classes also started back Monday.

I stayed at the MGM Grand. I really didn't get any pictures here. It was nice, but looked like any other hotel, just on a larger scale. The view from the hotel was quite nice.





I loved the Paris. While I cannot wait to go to the real thing, the Eiffel Tower was pretty freaking cool. Quite a nice view of Vegas. The pastries at Lenôtre, were gorgeous and the piano bar with Dueling Pianos was pretty f'n cool as well. The Arche de Triumphe was pretty danged neat too. I really cannot wait to go see the real things some day.





The Bellagio was beautiful. The Fountains, how neat are those. Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures while at this hotel. The Buffet was decent, it was breakfast, hard to screw up. Loved the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Fine Art Gallery.






The Luxor was too danged neat. Loved the King Tut's Tomb exhibit.











Went to the Aladdin and had the Spice Market Buffet. Once again, a buffet.




Went to the Imperial Palace for Legends in Concert (Bobby Darin, Garth Brooks, Temptations, Sting, Elvis, and the WTF moment, Britney Spears). It was good. The people all did a great job, but I just do not understand how Spears is considered a legend)




Of course we hit The Venetian. My favorite hotel of them all. Beautiful. Puts the others to shame. Now, it's not like they had the lights turned up all the way, so, I suppose it could look like paint by number in full light, but it looked pretty danged cool to me. We went to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, the Guggenheim Hermitage Museum for a Robert Mapelthorpe exhibit, and Tintoretto's for Cafe Ole and and a to die for Sfogliatella.













I just loved New York, New York. I am just chomping at the bit to get back to NYC. It was pretty cool how this place was laid out, but nothing is better than the real thing.







Went to the Palms and ate at Alize. This place has an amazing view.



Amuse :

CousCous salad with an aioli, topped with a piece of seared swordfishmy



Appetizer (this was freakin too tasty for words):Yukon Gold and Mascarpone Gnocchi with Sweet Yellow Corn, Sauteed Morels and Cashews with White Truffle Oil, Parsley Cream Sauce and Manchego Cheese



Entree :

Pan Seared Jumbo Diver Scallop and Grilled Chorizo Ravioli with Smoked Paprika Beurre Blanc and Savoy Cabbage Confit and Roasted beets



Dessert :

warm apple beignets, toasted almond ice cream, green apple sorbet






Also went to the Tropicana for the Titanic exhibit which was ok.



Went downtown and saw the light show at the Freemont Street Experience and of course, Vegas Vic.


While Vegas is neat, I most definitely prefer NYC and I do hope that everything goes smoothly so I get back there during the first week of March.

No comments: