11 February 2008

Sometimes

I could not for the life of me figure out why I was getting so many hits on chocolate tart the last few days.

Then it hit me. Valentines Day.

One thing I can't figure out however is why people need a picture of a recipe. Perhaps because of what I do, I don't need a picture. I read the ingredients and can see what it is going to look like and usually how it will taste. Maybe not everyone can do that. I don't know.

I'm re-reading Culinary Artistry. A book I love. It discusses the art of cooking. The architecture of taste. Seasons. It is a book I find invaluable, as do many of my fellow professionals. It's a must read for me.

I am all over the place mind wise today. So much running through my mind. Mostly of late, it is politics. Barack Obama. If you get it, you'll know. I know, I know, he's a politician, but when was the last time so many have been so excited over one individual. A uniter that the current occupant was never able to be. Republicans and Democrats, all races and ages, and my goodness the younger crowd. How wonderful for them to have someone they can so fully get behind. For many, this will be their first presidential election, and they will be voting for someone, not against someone. I cannot for the life of me understand why the working class democrats are more for Clinton. For goodness sake, Obama just finished paying off his student loans while Clinton is able to write herself a check for 5 million. Perception I suppose. Lack of investigation is another. Comfort zone still another. Apparently I'm part of the latte and white wine crowd (while I prefer a cappuccino to a latte, I do love me some red wine).

If you are on the fence between Obama and Clinton, listen to his speeches, they are all over YouTube. Search blogs and read of people's accounts about being at an event. Go to his website and read about his positions.

Yes We Can

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a website that has a huge database of food pairings in the style of Culinary Artistry, thought you might be interested: www.recipejamboree.com