01 May 2007

More interview

IrieLovie interviewing me:

1. You're a mom, student, and yet still have time for a relationship. How do you do it?

Very carefully. Haha. Ok, seriously I give up sleep. That's about the only thing I will give up to make sure I get school stuff and children stuff all into my weekly life. I meet myself coming and going most times, but I graduate in December, so it should get better then.

2. How would you like to be remembered?

As long as my friends and family know my heart, that will be perfect for me.

3. What is your happiest childhood moment?

The only things that stick out as happiest moments are ones spent with my mom's mother.

4. What was your first job?

I was 14 and wanted my own money. My mom said, well, if someone will hire you, you can work. So, I went to a local fast food chain that is now shuttered called Grandy's. They made fried chicken, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, I guess kind of like a quick home cooking place. They had the absolute best yeast rolls for lunch and dinner and their biscuits at breakfast time were out off this world. It was close, I could ride my bike or walk, and like I said, they had the best yeast rolls and biscuits. I only worked there a month as they had way too many chiefs and not enough workers. There would be 4 or 5 managers on duty at a time. At the drive-thru once, some guy was whacking off and got real excited when he saw a young girl. I laughed at him and it really pissed him off. I ended up quitting about a month later because one manager would say 'sweep the dining area', while doing that, a second manager would say, 'clean the restrooms'. But, manager #1 said sweep. I don't care, I'm telling you to clean the restrooms. Manager #3 might come over and I'd go through the same thing. Then manager #1 would see me not sweeping and yell at me. Dinner rush was just starting and one of them yelled at me in front of customers. I yelled back and told them they could all phuk off, I was only 14 anyway. Caused quite a scene (customers shocked and what not) according to my friend who was working there. I was working in the food court in the mall within a week.

5. The Food Channel hires you to do your own show. What would you make for your first episode?

I would have a show geared to the industry. Out of all the chefs and cooks I know, none of them watch FN anymore for various reasons, mostly though because it just isn't geared towards us. I would want to get guest chefs (Bourdain, Keller, Atchaz, Tramanto etc) to come on and we would discuss tips and tricks of the trade and make one of their signature dishes each show.

Now it's your turn to play if you wish:
Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” I will respond by asking you five questions in the comments here on this post so check back here. I get to pick the questions. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: