This sounds really good today. Perhaps it's the spring like weather.
MIXED BERRY TIRAMISU
1 1/2 boxes Ladyfingers
1 cup crème de cassis
2 pints strawberries
2 pints raspberries
2 pints blackberries
2 pints blueberries
2 cups sugar
2 quarts heavy cream
1 1/2 lbs. Mascarpone cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
Place all the berries in a large mixing bowl and stir in 2 cups of sugar. Allow the berries to marinate while you prepare the remainder of the dish. In another mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and remaining sugar to stiff peaks form. Fold in the softened Mascarpone cheese. Set aside. Layer half of the Ladyfingers in a baking pan and drizzle with 4 ounces of crème de cassis. Layer half of the berries and juices over the moistened Ladyfingers. Spread half of the Mascarpone/whipped cream mixture over the berries and even out using a spatula. Repeat the process with Ladyfingers, cassis, berries, and whipped cream. Smooth out the top, cover, and refrigerate.
Now, if you want to get adventurous and make your own ladyfingers(this recipe makes about 80), here ya go:
3 ounces Cornstarch
4 ounces Bread flour
6 Egg yolks
6 ounces Granulated sugar
6 Egg whites
1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
1. Sift the cornstarch and flour together.
2. Whip the egg yolks with 2 ounces (60 grams) of the sugar until thick and creamy.
3. Whip the egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 2 ounces (60 grams) of the sugar and the lemon juice. Continue whipping to soft peaks, then add the remaining sugar gradually and whip to stiff peaks.
4. Fold approximately one-quarter of the egg whites into the whipped yolks to lighten them, then gently fold in the remaining whites. Fold in the flour mixture.
5. Place the batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip. Pipe 4-inch- (10-centimeter) long cookies onto paper-lined sheet pans.
6. Bake immediately at 425°F (220°C) until lightly browned, approximately 8 minutes.